Saturday, March 03, 2007

Warning: Big Horn Sheep May Appear Closer Than They Really Are.....

I purposely held off on this weeks "photo of the week" for a bit hoping to get some cool shots for you of the lunar eclipse tonight, however with the major cloud cover, it looks like I'll be coming up short there. This week was really an amazing week as we not only had the opportunity to meet with a few clients and book 4 more weddings for the upcoming year, but also am excited as we became members of the PPA (Professional Photographers of America) and WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International). Every year, they announce the top 10 photographers in the nation, and they always come out of these groups, so I'm excited to attend some of the upcoming seminars and sharpen my skills that much more! (By the way.... I'm determined to make that list one day!)

Again, I apologize for not being able to get a clear shot of the lunar eclipse for this weeks photo of the week, however when in doubt, I always go with some sort of Big Game animal running down the highway after you - it's always a crowd pleaser! Anyway, this shot was taken a few years back in the Black Hills of South Dakota while Tonya and I were visiting my old roots (I grew up there in addition to my overseas travels). We were somewhere behind Mt. Rushmore and sorta taking our time, when this guy came running out behind us in the middle of the highway. Of course, I couldn't help to get a quick shot from the mirror. I always get a good laugh when I look at this photo and thought I'd take a break from some of the scenic/wedding stuff for something a little bit different!

No comments: