Saturday, March 24, 2007

Now If I Can Just Find That Water Valve.......

Looking back, I can honestly say that many of the images I love most, were a product of me making sure to take my camera with me wherever I went. My wife and friends used to find it annoying that anytime we'd go somewhere, I'd have to take my camera with us. Whenever we'd go somewhere without it, I'd get smart-ass comments like, "are you going to be okay without your camera?" My wife has quickly learned over the years to sell me on all the "photo opportunities" available when trying to talk me into our next costly vacation. As I have upgraded equipment several times over the years, I'm not as carefree to take my $8,000 camera just out and about anymore, but I still love having it for when you come upon the unexpected.

This week's photo of the week, is one that sorta makes me laugh and was one of those unique times, that I just happened to have my camera with me while driving around. To tell you where I even was when I got this shot, would be impossible, but I just remember seeing a huge pile of smoke in the sky from about 8-10 miles away, and thought I would try to find it. I assumed it was maybe a house or building (not that I was hoping for someone's misfortune), however this is what I came upon when I got there. I know now, it was some sort of a controlled burn, however the photo makes me think of some rookie fireman on his first day, trying to figure out how to turn the water on.

Anyway, there's the photo of the week, and the lesson of the week (I'm now giving those too - haha) is to remember to always take your camera with you :) Today looks like an amazing day outside. We are meeting with clients later to discuss their upcoming wedding, and will probably take the dogs out to the park or something. Enjoy your weekend, and come back soon! :)

No comments: