Thursday, December 06, 2007

365 Days Ago Today......

This year has absolutely flown by (hence my speed photo), and it was exactly 365 days ago that I made one of the biggest decisions of my life - to resign from a successful career after 8 years with a Fortune 500 company so I could follow my dreams to become a professional photographer and run my own business. It seems like an eternity ago, and it's hard to believe that a year ago tonight, I was pacing back and forth all over the place trying to decide whether I was truly making the right decision or not. Making the decision to become self employed, and giving up a consistent healthy salary, company car, as well as 8 years of blood, sweat & tears is probably one of the scariest things I could have done..... yet, I kept telling myself "no great reward comes without sacrifice (and some risk) first." Here's a link to my blog entry exactly 1 year ago today - December 6, 2006.

So much has happend over the past 365 days, and we've worked so hard to push our business, service, and photography to a whole new level (and continue to!) - while I've definitely made and learned from some valuable mistakes this year (both business & photography wise I suppose), it has truly been one of the best years of my life to be able to have this incredible opportunity. We've been so blessed to have worked with so many amazing clients and now good friends this year - there's definitley been times I wanted to pull my hair out, but at the end of the day, it's all been more than worth it, and something I will certainly never take for granted.

I know there are quite a few people that keep up with our blog (I'm not sure why to be honest - I'm pretty boring, lol), and sincerely thank you for your business, friendships, and helping our business to grow the way it has over the past year. No matter what your aspirations are in life, I challenge you to grab life by the horns and go for it..... you have one life to life, and there's a saying "you regret more things in life you don't do, than the things you do" - I completely agree with this statement!

Anyway, this is my cheesy thank you note to everyone. We have some very exciting new things happening for 2008, including new services we will be offering, new products, extremely upgraded equipment, further company growth, including beginner SLR photography/photoshop classes for those interested, and more aspects of the business that we are now starting to venture out into (you'll have to stay tuned I guess to see what I'm talking about). Thanks again for one of the best year's of my life..... I wish you only knew how fired up I am about 2008!!

P.S. Still waiting for the new "toy" - stay tuned to see what it is! :)
What on earth could it be???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and we wish you many more successful years!

Anonymous said...

Great Quote.
VERY true.
Congrats on your amazing year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, its been a year already since starting on your own!! I'm so happy this year has brought you so much success, nobody deserves it more! Cheers to many more years!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was just thinking about that the other day - walking into your office and you telling me that you put in your 2 weeks.

It doesn't seem like it could have only been a year to me.

Congratulations! Hopefully it just keeps getting better and better!

Matt Ramos said...

Thanks for the notes, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt !! Your family is proud of you for your hard work, determination, and success !!! One of your Uncles reads your Blog from time-to-time too.