Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Creatively Self-Employed

Several months ago, I was somehow selected, along with 65 other artists and business entrepreneurs from around the country to be interviewed for an upcoming book titled, "Creatively Self-Employed." To be honest, I completely forgot about it, but received an email today from the author with notification that the book has apparently been published and selling at all major bookstores across the country. (I guess they taught us not to judge a book by it's cover when we were kids for books like this :)

Anyway, the book features 65 different artists and entrepreneurs that have taken the plunge into creative self -employment, and discusses the ups, downs, anxiety and frustrations associated with running your own business. The author did not send me a free copy of the book as I thought, and since I forgot most of what I even talked about, I will probably head down to Barnes and Noble tomorrow to see if I can find it on the shelf (and re-educate myself, haha)!

Whether the book takes off and sells a million copies or not, I'm honored to be featured in the book, and am reminded of how lucky I am to be able to not only provide a great service, but also do something that I truly love and enjoy. Even more important than this however, is knowing that I am capable of bringing joy and capturing future history through my work for my clients.

If anyone's interested, you can check out the book or purchase the book here:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780595421541&itm=1

No comments: