Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Taking Some Time to Relax....

Now that the wedding season has officially begun, I'm really working hard to not only learn from last year's mistakes (not that there were many), to improve anything and everything about the way I run business. From customer service, to products offered, right down to the quality of work, I'm hoping to make huge strides. I'm an extremely organized person, however with a sold out year of weddings and other events, I'm fully aware of the workload and stress this year can bring if I'm not 100% on top of things at all times. My number 1 priority this year is going to be perfecting my workflow time in order to crank my weddings out to the client as quickly as possible (which is good for both the client as well as myself)

I put my new method to test by pulling a couple all-nighters in order to see what I could accomplish if I really put my mind to it..... surprisingly, I was able to complete an entire wedding in 2½ days by having it weeded, backed up, resized, categorized, and uploaded (how many wedding photographers have you heard of that can do that!!??) Anyway, I'm officially worn out, so decided to take most of the day to just relax and enjoy the nice weather. When you do photography for a living, sometimes the fun can go away if you're not careful - I decided to shoot a bit for fun today, which was really nice. Here's one of my favorite shots that shows how nice it is outside!

P.S. More great stuff coming up as we have LOTS of shoots scheduled for the rest of the week and next! I think it's time for a drink :)

No comments: