Saturday, May 26, 2007

Plotterkill Preserve Hike




After the end of a long week, Tonya and I decided to enjoy the nice weather (and her 5 days off) to go on a nature trail hike at this cool new place we found near our house. I go together with hiking like trout & Dr. Pepper, but we actually had a lot of fun and got some cool photos. The Plotterkill Preserve is in the Rotterdam area, and has some really nice waterfalls, bridges, and other scenic areas. Since I didn't have a tripod with my, my water shots don't have that really nice soft water effect, but I definitely plan to go back and do it right sometime soon (and maybe some shots of the waterfall looking up from the bottom).

While hiking, we accidentally jumped trails when we weren't supposed to about 2 miles in, so a normal 2.5 hour hike turned into about 4 hours in the middle of the woods, and then later got lost and had to find another trail. The highlight of the hike was without a doubt me slipping on some moss in the water while trying to get the bottom photo, and landing right on my ass in the water with my $8,000 camera in my hand.... a good laugh, and luckily these things are weather sealed! (by the way, you can be the judge of whether it was worth it or not :)

Anyway, here's a few shots from the day.... I'm off to take a nap before our barbecue! :)

No comments: