Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back up and Running w/ Vista!

After probably one of the more stressful weeks of my life, we received our new computer in today and are officially back up and running! Going without a computer is like breaking a thumb, in the aspect of the fact that you don't realize how much you need it to do things normally (well for me anyway).

I'm anxious to get back to work, and have a pile of about a dozen print orders on top of albums to build, files to move, appointments to update, etc on top of all the other little settings & things you have to do when you get a new computer. I will more than likely pulling an all-nighter tonight to get caught up over these next couple of days hopefully!

For anyone interested, I have owned probably about 10 computers now in my lifetime (I buy a new one every 2 years faithfully), and I'd have to say that this is the best computer I have ever owned. I ended up getting a Gateway FX8020, which has a quad-core processor, higher end graphics card, and I souped it up to 4 gigs of ram, rather than the 2 it came with for maximum performance! I should also mention that after all the complaining and worrying you hear about Windows Vista, I absolutely friggin love it - there are obviously some similarities to Mac OSX, however (knock on wood), I have not had any problems yet, and it runs lightning fast! I think the trick is to make sure you buy a computer with it pre-installed and making sure you have a computer with lots of power, a good processor, and lots of ram that can run the operating system to it's full potential.

Anyway, enough PC talk..... I'm going to work right now!

No comments: