Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My New Insane Extreme Macro Lens!

I'll admit wedding photos are more attractive to look at, but I wanted to quickly try out my new MP-E65 Extreme Macro lens today since I haven't had the chance to do much with it yet. I don't plan on leaving the wedding industry anytime soon to shoot insects, however they certainly make for interesting subjects when you have such an amazing lens that can actually zoom in on something like this.

Luckily, Pete here was willing to pose for me (although he wasn't easy to get to smile much). I'm hoping to get into more macro-type work for some of the larger companies needing this type of extreme closeup photography. Anyway, I thought it was insane that you can actually see the hairs on a fly (by the way, this was a very small fly), and wanted to post my first sample shot with the new toy. I may have to do a "guess what this is" post in a future blog entry for fun!

Ok... off to shoot more scary creatures....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get him to stay still????

Matt Ramos said...

I didn't take a shower for about 3 days before attempting this shot :)

On a serious note, I'm not sure - it was sorta trapped in my outside, netted gazebo thing and I got lucky I guess!

Anonymous said...

hehe I hope you know you are now being tasked to (in addition to all the other shots) take pictures of all of the bugs outside the venues at our wedding! :-P

Matt Ramos said...

I accept! :)