Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mission Accomplished!


About 6-7 months ago, we bought our new house because we needed more space and a larger sized studio to work out of. The house is awesome because it's 100 years old, but it has these old, cheesy blue carpets throughout some of the rooms in the house that aren't exactly in style these days.
Since we've been trying to make as many home improvements as possible (to increase the value), I thought I would attempt to put down hardwood flooring in our living room myself, rather than pay an extra $2,500 to have someone do it for me. I'm not the most handy guy in the world, so it was an expensive risk to take, and after two long days of work, it paid off. I'm mad at myself for not remembering to take a "before shot," but you can imagine what it looked like with old, stingy blue carpets if you want. For not knowing what I was doing really, I really surprised myself on this one... here's the end result!
For anyone who has never tried to do this in their home, I highly recommend trying it instead of paying even more $ to have someone do it for you. Including some of the tools I needed (but now have to keep), I paid just under $2K to do the room.... it probably would have been close to $4-5K to have Lowes or Home Depot do it based on what we paid in our old house. I may just have to do the whole house now...... If I can do it, I suppose anyone can! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what it looked like..hehehe...and the living room looks awesome and you did a really good job....now just have to get Tim to do it....

Matt Ramos said...

Let me know if you need a hand! :)