Monday, April 23, 2007

Where in the World Are You!!??


Like I said in my last post, I've recently become fascinated with maps for some reason.... I think it all started when I got my first GPS system in my car a couple years ago that I use for weddings.
When you run a business, the more you know about website traffic to your site the better. For example, of the $10-$15,000 in advertising we spend a year, I always know which places to keep paying for, and which to dish since I track all website hits and can view things like the link the website was accessed through (or if someone just typed it in), origin, time, operating system, monitor resolution, and even IP address if I wanted to. (plus, I can usually tell when someone's talking about me :) It sounds like a lot to look at, but I'm fascinated with not only the amount of people that visit our website on a daily basis from around the world, but how, when and where they got there!
Above you can see some of the tracking devices I use to check out stats for our website, which I think are really cool. The map above of the earth shows locations of anyone on the blog right now, as well as past visitor locations - if you click it, you can see your location and some other details of other visitors, which is really cool. I think I will be adding this to the main website as well as that pulls in double traffic as the blog :)
I llllllove gadgets and cool technology tools! I'm off to Rhode Island - catch ya later in the week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should take this all one step further... work out a deal with the ISPs to get the addresses of the people viewing your site. Then use google earth, and take a screenshot of the person's house, then post the picture on your blog. Kidding!

Matt Ramos said...

hehe - check your email! :)

Chris said...

you're a nut! go statcounter!! rah rah.