Friday, January 26, 2007

New Photo of the Week!

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, as we are meeting with 3 new potential clients to discuss their upcoming weddings. In a strange way, I almost enjoy the opportunity to have these meetings where I can get to know the bride & groom, more than shooting the actual wedding itself. Weddings are a huge event to plan when you think about it, and I always find it interesting to see how different couples handle their stress levels and checklist of all that needs to get done. I've learned through experience, that those couples that learn to sorta "go with the flow" and keep more relaxed through the whole process, ususally tend to have a smoother, more fun wedding than those that try to perfect every litting detail. I'm certainly not knocking those that like to plan to perfection - this is just a general observation that I find interesting. Food for thought for those that may be planning an upcoming wedding :)

Anyway, due to the busy day tomorrow, I decided to get the photo of the week done a bit early so I don't forget! This photo is without a doubt another one of my favorite images that I actually took when I was in High School .... I suppose I was a photographer in the making at that point? Anyway, it was shot at a place called Sylvan Lake, which lies a couple miles behind Mt. Rushmore of the Black Hills of South Dakota. As a world traveler, I can honestly say that the states of South Dakota and Wyoming are probably two of the most underestimated states we have. When I first moved to New York, I got made fun of for growing up in such a place, but for those that ever had doubt..... here's proof of how amazing it is there!

Anyway, I'm now rambling, and off to bed! Hope you enjoy this week's photo of the week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"...South Dakota and Wyoming are probably two of the most underestimated states we have."

Funny, I feel like I heard that somewhere before. Maybe right after I returned from my trip there. Sylvan Lake is definitely a worthy stop on any road trip out there.

Matt Ramos said...

There's two! I guess they say wherever you go, "one man's home is another man's vacation," right?