Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shayne Lavoie - In Loving Memory

There are times in life when you realize just how short it is, and after hearing of an extremely unfortunate incident, today is one of those times. While shooting the wedding of Lee & Jackie last weekend, I had the opportunity to meet the DJ, Shayne, who was also the fiance of the Bride's sister. While I hadn't met Shayne before, I had the opportunity to talk to him quite a bit that evening and recognized how friendly and what a great guy he was.... in fact, he was the last person I spoke with as we left the event that evening as we said goodbye.

I can't tell you how disheartening it was to hear that the very next day Shayne was invovled in a motorcycle accident, where he was killed instantly at the scene...... while I didn't know Shayne that well, just talking to him and working with him the day before his death has really hit home for me and we'd like to express our deep and sincere condolences to the family. We are still going through photos from this event, however will be donating any and all photos of Shayne to the family.

Again, a very sad and tragic event.... I'm positive that Shayne will be missed by hundreds - above is a photo I found of him that I wanted to share - I'm hoping we'll have a few more as we continue to look through things. For anyone interested, you can see the news article below:

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?SecID=33&ArID=218298

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for thinking of Shayne. I live in FL but was Shayne's room mate in college. On a daily basis I have been looking online for articles regarding Shayne's accident. It's amazing how much of an impact he had on people, even a brief encounter like yours. He was so full of life and an amazing friend, he will be greatly missed. Once again thank you so much for writing about him!
Sincerely, Lindsey E. Anderson

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your touching memory page. I am Shayne's sister Bobbi. This picture speaks a thousand words and more about my brother. He will be truly missed by everyone he has come in contact with throughout his life which has become very obvious thorough these last couple of weeks. Much of which I have always known about him and his personable ways.

I cannot say thank you enough.

Thank you, Bobbi
bobbi.defilippis@marriott.com

Anonymous said...

A part of my heart...I went to highschool with Shayne, I hadn't talked to him for years but it didn't matter. If you have talked to Shayne you know that his heart stayed with each person that was close to him. -Erin C. Nelson

Matt Ramos said...

Thank you all for your comments.... Shayne seemed like an amazing individual, sourrounded by love and positive energy. Though, I only knew Shayne for 1 day out of his life, this was easy to see.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

MR

Mike Hastings said...

This is a great story and quick impression of Shayne.
Potsie was an amazing friend and he is always missed.

Mike

Anonymous said...

wow... i first met shayne on a hill called jiminy peak maybe 12 years ago. he was in a head to foot chipmunk costume and somehow we made a connection. we shared a lot of laughs,beers and runs on those cold and frozen hills. it is dec 2010 and in doing an online search for him am heartbroken to learn his life was ended so soon. what a beautiful and true photo to be reminded of how lucky that those of us are to have known him- marykate