Thursday, July 19, 2007

Giovanna Lepore Works....





As I've probably mentioned before, photographing artwork not as easy a task ad you'd think it might be..... keeping things perfectly straight up and down, the right balance of light evenly spread, and keeping the acrylic from looking too shiny in spots is rather challenging. Either way, I love the challenge, and had fun today photographying some of Giovanna's latest works.
Giovanna is a great artist who'd I've done work for in the past (you can probably find it on the blog about a year or so back), and is always a pleasure to work with. Much of her work finds it's way into various galleries and shops in the city, she is working on an upcoming showing of some of her work as well.

I have no idea whatsoever where I would even begin if asked to try and do something like this, and find it interesting how some of the creative minds work when it comes to painting. (for example, take a look at the last sample, and try and figure out where the first marking was made when she started the project) - If I were a betting man, I think I'd fold on that question :)

As a reminder, we have two upcoming engagement session for this weekend, so be sure to check back for some updates and samples if interested!

No comments: