Monday, November 19, 2007

Congratulations, Josh & Margaret!!










We officially closed 2007 and the last wedding of the year last night with Margaret & Josh at the Glen Sanders Mansion. I hadn't shot a wedding in nearly a month, so I'll have to admit I was a bit anxious about this one..... no matter how many you shoot, you never really lose the butterflies before the wedding - I suppose it's the stress of wanting to do a good job. We have one wedding in January, and then don't have much for wedding action again until April, so I'm going to enjoy some time off I think :)

We shot so many weddings this year in the brutal heat, it was actually nice to work in the cooler, brisk weather and we had a beautiful day to do so. Margaret & Josh were probably two of the most calm people we have ever worked with on their wedding day..... if they weren't dressed in a gown & tux, you would have never known it was their wedding day to be honest.... I wish it could be that easy for everyone! We got some great shots from the day, and are excited to share them all in about two weeks, when completed. Those that attended this event are welcome to click the link below to pre-register their emails to receive notification of when images go live:

A big thanks to not only Josh & Margaret for allowing us to capture their wedding day with them, but also to all of new clients & friends we've made this year! I think the job & stress that a wedding photographer goes through is probably a bit under-estimated sometimes, but despite everything - it's an amazing thing to take part in. I've seen some some great things this year, from cake in the face smashings (even a groom smashing cake in his own face), a bride showing up 45 minutes for the wedding, a bride falling on the alter, people dancing with cardboard-photo signs (hilarious by the way), groomsmen throwing up all over the parking lot, cool bonfires, amazing venues, insane bride & groom, choreographed dances (including Mr. Roboto), and i'm sure a dozen other things that I can't think of at the moment...... these are the things that make weddings so special.... and for me, glad to be a part of! :)

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving this year, and enjoys the company of not only their immediate familes, but their new ones as well. I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend time and get to know so many of you this year, and wish all the couples of 2007 a happy and prosporous marriage!

No comments: