Thursday, November 08, 2007

Back from Atlanta......





We arrived back home, late last night from our trip to Atlanta, and had such a great time .... I had not been to Atlanta before (other than the airport), and have to say it's definitely an awesome city. Everything from the food, the weather, things to see, and "southern hospitality" were awesome, and I wouldn't mind living there to be honest! We went down a day early for our photo journalism conclave so we could get situationed, check out a few places around the city, and relax a bit.

I hate feeling like that cheesy tourist when I go places, but we had a great time checking out the Georgia Aquarium, new Coca-Cola Museum, and even had lunch at CNN, which was kinda cool. I wasn't allowed to take my good camera into these places (nor would I), but snapped a few shots with our P&S while we were there. I thought the Coca-Cola museum would be somewhat boring, but was amazed at how insane it was.... you can actually watch bottles of Coke being made and all the little robots doing their thing, right down to them being capped. They had this room with something crazy like 75 different types of Coke products that you could sample as many as you wanted.... I think we tried around 30 or so, and then spent the rest of the day trying not to belch all over the place - lol.

I'm going to post some highlights and info of the real reason we went down to Atlanta in my next blog post, and am really excited about it..... even though we were heavily on the go, we really enjoyed our time there and hope to get back sometime soon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you guys had an awesome time in Atlanta, our "current" hometown! We love it down here and are glad that you got to see some of the highlights. Jeff is also drooling all over himself about your workshop -- he is DEFINITELY among the jealous!

Becky and Jeff
Getting married in '08!