Friday, January 12, 2007

The Amazing Effects of Airbrushing

Today's models and celebrities seem obsessed with having a flawless complexion in their photos. I don't shoot celebrities (yet!), but have been trying to teach myself how to professionally airbrush skintones for some of my portrait work. I happen to like the freckles on the model above as they are natural looking, but here is a before after shot of what is possible with todays digital portraiture, and my playing around. This will particularly work well with models that are self conscious about their skin or any possible blemishes. I'm still working to perfect the technique, but thought I'd share my work in progress :) Hopefully, I'll have some better samples to share later!

We are shooting our first wedding of the new year tomorrow, so be sure to check back soon for some samples from the day!

No comments: